[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #374779] Commits to the "www" web rep

From: Ward Vandewege via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #374779] Commits to the "www" web repository do not propagate
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:17:23 -0400

> [yavor - Wed Sep 03 19:21:03 2008]:
>
> Joakim Olsson wrote:
> >
> > but nothing happened at http://www-test.gnu.org/fun/jokes/gnuemacs.html
>
> Since yesterday at around 15:00-17:00 UTC (based on non-scientific
> observation) commits in the "www" project do not appear online at
> nadesico.
>
> This happened many times before, and was sysadmin's concern -- but now
> I don't know exactly how it's handled since the replication mechanism
> changed recently.
>
> I'm CC-ing both the GNU sysadmins and the Savannah hackers for extra
> safety, although I anticipate the former should undertake action.

I temporarily disabled the cvs update cron jobs because of the load that
the Fry video launch generated. They have been enabled again since
sometime yesterday.

This was also a test of the 'push' updates that should now happen from
Savannah whenever there is a checkin for the www project.

Apparently, those don't work yet. Savannah hackers, can you look into
this? I'd like to retire the cvs update cron jobs permanently.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <address@hidden>