Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] my intro

From: hiren
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] my intro
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:50:18 +0200

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 22:44 +0200, hiren wrote:

> I'd eventually like some pieces dynamic, having a directory with
> licenses for example, where the program reads licenses from and
> compares
> files against, so that adding a new licenses check simply means
> dropping
> the license into the directory.
>
> attached is the very simple and beginning start, it isn't functional,
> hasn't been tested, but I will work on if you guys approve of the
> ideas
> and design described here?

I've done a little more work on it, needs some refinement, currently
doing 2 things from the requirement list:

address@hidden:~/Desktop/tempcontent$ ./gnu_chkproj.pl
nrpe-2.12.tar.gz

gnu in project name:            Pass
Explicit license file:          Fail
address@hidden:~/Desktop/tempcontent$

-------------------

address@hidden:~/Desktop/tempcontent$ ./gnu_chkproj.pl -v
nrpe-2.12.tar.gz

-- extracting tarball
-- checking for gnu in project name tarball
gnu in project name:            Pass
-- Searching for file 'license' in any case in root dir
Explicit license file:          Fail
address@hidden:~/Desktop/tempcontent$

going to start working on the per file processing shortly, need to
refine a little on the "gnu" in project name test though.
any comments/suggestions are welcome.
thanks.