[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10380] S

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10380] Submission of gnuprologjava
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:31:17 +0200

Hi Mario,

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Mario Castelán Castro
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Your project requires proprietary software (Sun JDK) and cannot be
> hosted on Savannah for this reason.
>
> Savannah is willing to provide resources and time to developers
> writing Free Software that can be used without the need to ask
> permission from a proprietary software vendor.
>
> If, someday, you get free of those dependencies (see
> http://www.gnu.org/software/java for more information), do not
> hesitate to resubmit your project.

I don't understand your message very well. Why not let Pavan know
about free Java packages and encourage him to make sure that his
project works with them?

> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Item status changes:
>
> Status -> Cancelled
> Open/Cloesd -> Closed

This looks a bit premature: the package probably already works with
OpenJDK anyway. Do you think we might reopen it and try this other
approach?

There is also the issue that the project is already hosted at
SourceForge and (as you have done in the past) we should ask if the
author is willing to move development over to Savannah.

Alex.