[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: doc improvements

From: Alexander Taler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: doc improvements
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:33:47 +1200

Hi Karl,

  Karl> We surely welcome assistance with savannah documentation.  However, I
  Karl> think the main place to update is the Savannah wiki
  Karl> http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ which doesn't (technically
  Karl> speaking) need special permissions to update.  Can you browse there and
  Karl> (for the initial change) give the page and changes as a proposal in
  Karl> some convenient way?

  Karl> Or are there are other docs you had in mind?

Thanks for that link, I will definitely get myself on the wiki.
It also identifies my problem more explicitly.  On the left menu
in the Savannah interface there are two links:

  User Docs: Cookbook
          ->  https://savannah.gnu.org/cookbook/?group=administration
  User Docs: In Depth Guide
          ->  https://savannah.nongnu.org/userguide/

Both of these documents appear unmaintained, and the links should
probably be replaced with a link into the wiki.  Those were the
docs which I was keen to update because they were so sparse, but
they look to be just duplication.

This means there's no need for my entry into Savannah
Administration, so I'll withdraw my application.

Thanks,
Alex

--
hsh: The {Human|Happy|History} shell http://www.nongnu.org/hsh/