Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mirror redirection

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mirror redirection
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:21:43 +0100

At Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:42:38 +0200,
Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> I noticed that redirection still happens when you don't add the
> trailing '/' - not sure if we should consider this a bug or a feature.

It's a small bug, but for simplicity I decided to match on a trailing
slash for directories.  There is a way to test for a directory in the
filesystem with mod_rewrite but it's more complicated.

> This is worth a news item - are you OK with being cited on the
> Savannah frontpage? :)

Yes.

I noticed a few things on dl.sv.gnu.org when I was working on it:

- the apache log files aren't being rotated and are HUGE
  (e.g. /var/log/apache2/bzr/access.log is 6.2GB).

  Do you want me to fix that?  It just looks like
  /etc/logrotate.d/apache2 doesn't take into account the
  subdirectories.

- /var/www/download/robots.txt is commented out so robots are
  downloading everything -- using quite a lot of resources.  Is there
  a reason to leave the site open?

--
Brian Gough