[Savannah-hackers-public] www cvs history warning?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] www cvs history warning?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:09:27 -0800

When I (user karl) commit to a web repository, there is a warning about
the CVS history file.  It doesn't happen when I commit to the www repo
itself, only other project /web repos.

Something about those widespread www group permissions?

There's also a lengthy warning after "Triggering webpages update", but I
assume that's a sysadmin issue, and you already asked them to reenable
it, so hopefully that'll fix itself.

Best,

$ cvs com -mrecommit index.html
/web/aroundme/aroundme/index.html,v  <--  index.html
cvs commit: warning: cannot open history file `/web/aroundme/CVSROOT/history'
for write: Permission denied
Triggering webpages update...
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<title>Page Not Found - GNU Project</title>

<h1>404 - Page Not Found</h1>

[...]