[Savannah-hackers-public] sv host aliases

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] sv host aliases
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:40:14 GMT

Michael and all -- I guess maybe it's just me, but I find it hard
remember (and painful to type) the full hostnames for all the virtual
hosts, especially since many seem have multiple (nick)names.  Do you
think we could define aliases in /etc/hosts (I guess) so that simply
"ssh dl" and the like could work?

I know it's suboptimal to have to write the names/addresses in a second
place besides DNS, but I'm asking anyway.

Thanks,
Karl