Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:48:09 GMT

Hi Martin and John,

    Uh, how complex is it going to be?

I don't know.  The biggest problem with this whole thing is apparently
that nobody has a clear idea of what, specifically, needs to be done and
where and how.

    If it's just a matter of upgrading loggerhead and checking it works
    then I (or maybe John) could tackle that.

I hope so, but unfortunately I am one of the people who has never looked
into what has been done on bzr+loggerhead on savannah at all :(.
Figuring out what to do and what to test is a big part of the problem.

    If there is a lot of Savannah-specific integration or policy I
    might be a bit scared :-)

Understandable.

The end result being that we are stuck at the same old impasse :(.  Sigh.

Since apparently no one else is willing, I'll try to poke around as soon
as I can and see if I can get a glimmer from Sylvain's about the
savannah setup and how a new loggerhead could be installed.  Then get back.

Thanks,