[Savannah-hackers-public] [bug #29585] Fix license

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [bug #29585] Fix license
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:33:24 +0000

Update of bug #29585 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Could you please point me to a document that describes the current
acceptable use policy regarding documentation licenses for a non-GNU
project?  I cannot only find something that appears to apply for GNU
projects (which I understand have tighter restrictions on licensing
policies), and when we have been registering the project in 2003,
nobody pointed out any specific requirements for that.  Having the
project itself under GPL seemed enough by that time.

I eventually have to make all past contributors to agree to
a new license (in the hope I'll be able to actually contact
all of them), so I'd like to use a license that is as simple
as possible, in order to minimize the impact of any possible
future license policy changes.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29585>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/