[Savannah-hackers-public] bzr log info in /var/lib/bzr/.bzr.log

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr log info in /var/lib/bzr/.bzr.log
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:51:44 GMT

I temporarily switched vcs:/usr/local/bin/bzr-timeout to run with strace
instead of timeout, and found /var/lib/bzr/.bzr.log being opened(*).
It was a symlink to /dev/null.

So I moved the symlink aside and replaced it with a normal file and ran
a typical bzr command.  The log msgs weren't impossibly voluminous, so I
left it that way, and we'll see how it grows.  We'll certainly have to
rotate it along with other logs, at least.  I'm not sure how useful
it'll be, either.  There is no record of the repository being accessed,
that I could see.

(*) Also, does not make sense to me that the normal log is a dot file.
I would have found it three days ago if it had been a normal name.  Oh
well.