Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] /root/administration vs. /opt/administrati

From: Ryan Doyle
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] /root/administration vs. /opt/administration
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:24:48 +1100

On 03/01/12 11:06, Karl Berry wrote:
On mgt, there is both /root/administration and /opt/administration,
which appear to be essentially duplicates, but /opt has later dates.
What's up?  Can we remove one or the other?

And as I recall, I updated a bunch of references to use
/root/administration, so I'd like to keep that path working, even if it
becomes a symlink.

Thanks,

Hi Karl, I added the /opt/administration as some lower privileged accounts (namely nagios) needed access. If /root/administration is the standardized location, I can update the symlink in /etc/nagios3 and change any permissions needed in /root/administration.

Regards,
Ryan