Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bzr server errors out

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bzr server errors out
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:41:48 -0500

> From: Martin Pool <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:50:21 +1100
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> >From discussion on the bzr list, it looks like this single large
> update is because someone committed a large enormous copyright update

No.  What you describe was done in a different revision (106782) on
the trunk.  That revision also caused massive traffic (30MB plus
change), see this excerpt from my .bzr.log:

  [  993] 2012-01-07 07:29:16.950 INFO: Updated to revision 106820 of branch
bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk
  371.840  Transferred: 33241kB (90.4kB/s r:33238kB w:2kB)

The issue that we are discussing on the bzr list is that a later merge
from the emacs-23 branch caused an even larger traffic, due to some
combination of merges between that branch and the trunk.

> - there may be little overall change on trunk but there are revisions
> off to the side where this is done (and maybe undone?).

Sorry, I don't follow: what "revisions off to the side"?