[Savannah-hackers-public] list of ftpmirror.gnu.org mirrors

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] list of ftpmirror.gnu.org mirrors
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 18:33:36 GMT

FYI to savannah-ites ...

I noticed that the list of mirrors for ftpmirror.gnu.org, which is the
file dl:/usr/local/share/GeoIP/gnu-mirror-list.txt, hadn't been updated
since 30 Nov 2011.

The script dl:/root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl was already written to update it,
so I ran it by hand and made sure the result was reasonable (a few new
mirrors added, a few old ones removed).

Then I added this to dl:/etc/cron.d/mirmon to update it nightly:
22 0 * * * root /root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl

Hope all that was ok.  I don't know where or if it was run before, but
clearly the file wasn't getting updated, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

P.S. I've been trying to unravel the chain of automatic updating and
scripts for our three multiplexors.  Hope to update the wiki again soon.