Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah maintenance wiki spammed heavily

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah maintenance wiki spammed heavily
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:33:28 GMT

    I reverted most of the wiki

Great.

    and disabled anonymous editing of pages, so unfortunately you'll
    need an account if you want to edit the wiki now.

Actually seems like a good thing to me.

But it also seems like not everything is back to pre-spam.  The concrete
example I see is the Mirmon page,
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Mirmon
which is still misinterpreted (line of = characters instead of a
heading, etc.).  I had spent some time shortly before the spammer hit
doing quite a few updates to that page.  I think the content I added is
still there, but the formatting is wrong.  Maybe I just messed it up?
But it looked ok after I "committed" my edits ...

On another front: is it possible to dump the wiki into a directory of
plain text files, or something?  I think it would be quite helpful, for
offline searching, backups, etc.

thanks,