Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] internal.savannah.gnu.org web server acces

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] internal.savannah.gnu.org web server access
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:19:13 GMT

      # Allow munin from 140.186.70.74 mgt.savannah.gnu.org
      -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 4949 --src 140.186.70.74 -j ACCEPT

Sounds good to me, FWIW.

    I think mgt might be the closest to savannah-hackers and the furthest
    from the public and therefore I propose that we upgrade it first.

Also sounds good to me.

    When would be a good time to perform this upgrade?

I don't think it really matters, assuming downtime is basically a matter
of a reboot.  (Especially for mgt.)

I would suggest posting a news item so users have a chance of knowing
what is going on.  https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=administration

    How long of a waiting time for major events such as this should we
    have between posting a proposal for action and then performing the
    action?

Once Michael confirms, you're good :).  Otherwise ... a few days
at least?

    Other comments?

Do you have any sense of what breakage might ensue from the upgrade?
What will the new version be?  Is there a super-high-top-level NEWS-ish
list for each Debian release?

Thanks for all,
karl