Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Next Savannah VM system upgrade - frontend

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Next Savannah VM system upgrade - frontend
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 00:02:19 GMT

Hi Bob,

> I have mostly upgraded "frontend"

You are the grand wiz :).

> Zope

1) Can you figure out enough Zope that you can extract the content?
That is what is needed, so that it can be a starting place for a sane
wiki.  We don't care about Zope, as per all our discussions.  Don't
waste your time updating it.  "Hold"ing it indefinitely sounds like the
right thing to me.

2) Can you ask the sysadmins to restore the relevant
directory/directories to as-of-before-the-wiki-crack (sorry, I don't
have the date at hand)?  I'm guessing you have come across those
directories by now and know what they are.  As already discussed ad
nauseum, that would be vastly superior to the current state of the wiki.

> Customized ssh and need special handling

Looking at frontend:/etc/ssh/sshd_config, I concur that frontend does
not have the customized ssh login stuff.  But you should look too.

On another front: I noticed that on mgt and frontend (and probably
internal, but didn't check), "locate" no longer works.  I really really
miss it.  Can you enable whatever needs to be enabled, please?

Thanks,
Karl