Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ikiwiki update on commit

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] ikiwiki update on commit
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 22:53:29 GMT

    http://codepad.org/rLaxUqRP
    I added the a:active rule, which I found is the only additional rule
    needed.  I also looked at Savannah.css and it doesn't do it differently.

You're right.  Well, it still seems wrong to me to specify
background-color without foreground color, but since we haven't received
complaints about it, I guess no one uses white on black any more.  In
any event, this doesn't need to be different than Savannah.css.  For
that matter, I wonder if we could just use Savannah.css.

Other comments:

    font-family: sans-serif;

Why?  If someone prefers serif fonts, I see no reason to override their
choice.

    h1 {
        border-bottom: 2px solid black;
    }

Not sure what we're gaining by underlining titles (at least I'm
supposing that is the effect).

    blockquote {
        font-style: italic;
    }

I know this was done sometimes in other css's for quoting email, but I
think writing lots of text in italic is just wrong.  Besides,

    pre {
        background-color: #fffca8;

I know the old wiki printed code blocks on a colored background, but it
always seemed ugly and pointless to me.

Will await your comments before installing ...

Best,
Karl