Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savane git cannot be committed

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savane git cannot be committed
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:42:39 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
>     To log into vcs, first log into mgt.
>
> He can't.  He doesn't have a static IP address (as far as I know --
> Tomasz, if I'm wrong, let me know).  I asked him to ask sysadmin for an
> account on fencepost but I don't think that has happened yet.

But should be able to get to fencepost as I described.

>     There is a firewall on all of the VMs that prevents direct access
>     from the Internet.
>
> At least at the iptables level, that is not true for vcs, which is
> precisely why I (tried to) set Tomasz up the way I did.  It allows ssh
> from anywhere since that is necessary for some VC access.

Ah!  Yes you are right.  I just tried it now and of course it worked.
Otherwise version control can't work.  (My hand smacks my forehead.)
A silly mistake on my part.  Sorry for the noise.  I was confused
because each VM has its own iptables rules that are unique.

> However, do you know if there is some other "firewall"-type thing
> (whatever that means) that would stop "ssh address@hidden" at the
> user level (not the ssh level), resulting in the usual "Permission
> denied (publickey)."?  Tomasz hasn't been able to log in yet.  All very
> frustrating.

Nope.  And in fact I tested this and it worked okay for me just now.
Which would lead back to a problem on the Tomasz's client side again.

Bob