Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #912039] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.o

From: beuc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #912039] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.org from CVS
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 23:57:32 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 05:22:34PM -0400, Karl Berry via RT wrote:
> Second of all, I would be vehemently opposed to anything that
> changes all web repos over to git, *forcing* people to use git.
> An option to use git would be one thing.  Forcing it, quite another.
> I doubt Sylvain had a forced switch in mind.

The idea appeals to me by its simplicity, but I expect this will cause
enough people as grumpy as you to track me down and roast me over a
celebration bonfire ;)

More seriously it should ease the migration *not* to change all
projects at once.

I also heard good feedback from github's static pages system, so I'll
have a look at it too.

> Third of all, I cannot envision any changes along these lines happening
> any time soon, since it's already been umpteen years since the original
> wishlist item, and the sysadmins and savannah volunteers have no more
> time than they ever did.  Hacking an update script is only a small part
> of the job.

I was about to say such a demotivator would turn into a
self-fulfilling prophecy, when I realized you gave everybody to
motivation to prove you wrong ;)

Cheers!