Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:29:30 -0400

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your email.

On 09/09/2014 11:29 PM, Richard Wilbur wrote:
I have been involved with the
Bazaar project for some time and am willing to provide what
assistance I can.

What problem(s) are you having? What version of Bazaar are you
running?

I have few questions:

1.
How can I tell (programatically) which branches does a repository have, or
alternatively, clone them all at once?
or, if a project doesn't have sub-branches, how can I tell ?

Example:
The "gNewSense" project page is this:
   https://savannah.nongnu.org/bzr/?group=gnewsense

It lists the following command where "branch" is a placeholder:
   bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/gnewsense/branch

How can I tell the possible names for "branch" in this project?

Obviously I can manually visit the web page at:
http://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/r/gnewsense , but I want to do it
programmatically in a script.

I have found only two related discussions on this, and both did not work for me:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19082720/getting-all-bazaar-bzr-branch-list-with-bzr-command
https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+question/51062

2.
How can I get a custom log format in an easy way ?
I want to get the commit's date, revision id, user email, user name, and first
subject line.
In git, something like:
 git log --format="%H %at %ai %ae %an %s"
In hg, something like:
 hg log --template "{rev} {date|hgdate} {date|isodate} {author|email}
{author|person} {desc|firstline}\\n"

I don't want to write any custom plugins for this - sounds like something that
should be easy enough to do without writing code....

3.
I seem to have problems cloning a large repository on a virtual machine with
limited RAM (512MB, but likely ~380MB free).
For example, when trying to clone the emacs repository at
"http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/";,
I get a lot of "Killed" messages (I guess due to OOM), and the clone fails.

Of of these are done on a Debian 7 x86-64 with bzr version 2.6.0dev2 (debian
package version 2.6.0~bzr6526-1).

Thanks!
 - Assaf