Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU Savannah website design

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU Savannah website design
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 22:33:37 -0400

Hello,

On 09/20/2014 05:30 AM, 郭云鹤 wrote:
1. One time effort or long term work

I am glad to join the community and take it as a long term work.

Now I am a master student. I have a good knowledge of HTML and basics of PHP. I
think I can contribute to this project.

That's terrific, we can always use more volunteers, especially web-designers.

I can offer some tips on where to begin, though I'm also relatively new to GNU
Savannah.

I would think the current place to start is to look at the code, and attempt to
run the server locally.
Instructions for this are here:
     http://files.housegordon.org/gnu-sv/HACKING.html

If you just want to look at the code, then this might be a place to start:
The entire repository is here:
    http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/

And the PHP files are here:
    http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php