Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Java requirements on GNU Savannah

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Java requirements on GNU Savannah
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:31:27 +0000

Hi Assaf,

Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> writes:

> * For project using Java SE (Standard Edition), it should be possible to build
>   and run the projects using Open-JDK-7 or Open-JDK-8.
> * To ensure a proper Free Java environment is used, it is recommended to test
> the
>   build using Open-JDK on a Free operating system such as
>   [Trisquel](http://trisquel.info/).
> ==================================

We really must include a reference to GNU Classpath.  It is still being
actively developed (last commit 2 weeks ago).  I'm also not entirely
sure that GCJ is dead.  There's at least still *some* activity in gcc's
libjava and gcc/java directories.  I think the respective maintainers
should be contacted before we decide that their software is obsolete.

Thanks,
Brandon

--
Brandon Invergo