[Savannah-hackers-public] Why is cgit showing the wrong stuff?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Why is cgit showing the wrong stuff?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:37:13 -0500

Looking at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit for GNU make (at least)
there's something bizarre about it:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/tree

If I don't specify any tag or SHA in the URL, it always chooses some
strange commit from 2013 as the default; for example:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/commit

and if I choose "master" specifically, I get the same thing:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/commit/?id=master

But, if I go to the summary:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/

(or look at my local clone) I see that master was just updated earlier
today and if I use that SHA instead I get the right stuff:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/tree/?id=e4ac28e83081fa273b19fa778d46c1e3052cb834

Soooo... why does cgit think my "master" branch is still stuck back in
2013 and what can I do to fix it?