Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Publishing a list of gnu (and non gnu) pro

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Publishing a list of gnu (and non gnu) projects
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 22:59:20 GMT

Hi again Assaf,

    I've written an improved version, which generates a tabular file with
    more fields
    http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/v0/index.md

Sounds good to me, in general.

Minutiae that I can't resist suggesting:

- Put the "type" field (short, comprehensible, useful) second in the
line after "package", before "name" and "description" (long).

- The type should be more than just gnu or nongnu.  There is also
"www.gnu.org portions", "gug", and "www.gnu.org translation" -- see
end of http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/groups.tsv.  (It would be
nice if those long strings were some single-word identifier, but I
don't know if such an identifier already exists.)

- I suggest "registration_{date,epoch}" instead of "since_".  That usage
of since is not immediately understandable.

- I suggest "url_savannah" or maybe "url_savannah_project" instead of
"url_devel".  "devel" could mean anything, e.g., a vc url.

Thanks,
Karl