Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Did the permissions on CVS lock files chan

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Did the permissions on CVS lock files change?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:08:15 -0400

Hello Thérèse,

On 05/12/2016 01:20 PM, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:
The problem is that I am unable to connect to any of the repositories:
CVS (www), Git (www-fr), and even emailselfdefense (enc)!
[...]

This is what I have been getting all day:

-----------------------
~/enc (master) $ git pull                  <-- Email Self-Defense
Connection closed by 208.118.235.160

We're investigating an issue relating to anonymous vcs access
(e.g. git clone git://XXXXX), see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2016-05/msg00037.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2016-05/msg00040.html

If your access method is anonymous git (as opposed to ssh), then this might be
related.

Please try again now and let us know if you can access the repositories.

But I can connect to fencepost by SSH.

fencepost.gnu.org is not related to savannah's servers.

However a good test is to connect to savannah by ssh, like so (replace 'agn'
with your savannah user):

  $ ssh address@hidden date
  You tried to execute: date
  Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.

If you get the same message ("not allowed...") it is a good sign:
it means you were able to connect to the savannah server by SSH
(committing code using git/cvs/svn use the same SSH method).

regards,
 - assaf