[Savannah-hackers-public] Task #14039: Terminocheck

From: Hugh Mayfield
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Task #14039: Terminocheck
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 00:04:18 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all,

This is my first post. I have joined the list because I would like to help support Savannah.

The following is my response to the above:

* use of project account: appears suitable
* no non-free dependencies on non-free software: the only stated dependency is Perl 5, which appears to give users the option of licensing under GPLv1-or-later or the GPL compatible Artistic License.
* Android phones: not relevant.
* advertisements: no problems.
* speaking about free software: this project certainly appears to understand the relevant points! (it is intended to help people use appropriate terminology) * project naming: one concern I had is that I would see the project name ("Terminocheck") and think the program had something to do with terminals (my first thought was that it might check the type of terminal the user might be using). * Licensing: unable to check notices in detail because my system was unable to open the .gz archive, complaining about the format. I uploaded the file to a remote system I have access to and tried to decompress it there, with the same result.

Recommendation: reply to the applicant a) commenting on naming and b) asking for a readable tarball.

I hope the above will be somewhat useful; I will look to practice on some more applications.

Best wishes

Hugh

--
Hugh Mayfield