Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sender address@hidden
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 00:00:59 -0400

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 21:03:40 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> I went looking for that in the code.  I found it.  But the logic going
> into it is rather convoluted.  It's here.
>

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/sendmail.php

Seems like that should be okay; it's not hitting line 73, because the
`From' header I received does not contain separate name and e-mail parts
("<...>").  Since the header is only produced by line $79, that implies that...

> Which is called from here:
>

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/proj_email.php#n50

...the global `$sys_email_address' is either 'address@hidden' or empty,
unless some other part of the system is later overwriting the
header.  If it's empty, the MTA might default it to
address@hidden'.

That said, the user under which Savane is running isn't root:

But the process that ends up sending the mail might be.

> Patches welcome!

It seems like the code may be correct.  I can't debug any further,
unfortunately, not having access to that box.

Thanks for the reply!  It's not a huge deal given other priorities that
likely exist, as long as it's not causing other problems.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer