Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please allow non-fast forward updates or j

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please allow non-fast forward updates or just delete aspell.git
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 23:33:15 -0700

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> I am working on importing an ancient CVS repo.  I pushed a test git repo but
> now I can't update it.

That is just to prevent malicious activities.  Unfortunately we live
in that age and we need security.  There is a lot of discussion about
making that only for the master branch.  But as with many things it
hasn't been implemented yet.

> Can you please just allow non-fast forward updates or just delete
> git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/aspell.git.  If you just delete it I won't publish
> to savannah until it is ready.

Done.  I can see that all of the history has been in cvs and you
appear to be converting from cvs to git.  I unlocked the git
repository for you.  I opened a ticket so that I won't forget to come
back sometime later and restore the non-fast-forward once your
conversion is finished.

If we can help further with the conversion let us know.

Bob