[Savannah-hackers-public] server configuration

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] server configuration
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 13:40:35 +0100

Hello,

please review the configuration of your servers.
I had some problems when I tried to log in.

First I tried http://sv.nongnu.org
There was no redirection and even when I clicked "Login"
it stayed unencrypted.

Then I tried https://sv.nongnu.org
Then I got an error, because the certificate isn't valid
for this abbreviated domain.

https://savannah.nongnu.org worked fine at last.

My suggestions:
Please redirect the abbreviated domain to the full domain with https.
And please make sure that links to login or register go to https.

P.S.: Please CC me, for I'm not on this list.
(BTW. I'm "akf" on Savannah.)

--
AKFoerster <https://AKFoerster.de/>