[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah mirrors and HTTPS

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah mirrors and HTTPS
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 22:36:53 -0500

Hello,

Some one just raised a valid point of HTTPS requests being
redirected to HTTP mirrors:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109219

For reference, the new mirroring script is
  download0:/opt/savannah/cgi-bin/mirrors/mirror-redirect.pl

The mirror list is
  download0:/opt/savannah/mirror-lists/download-mirrors.txt
and is all http.

Some mirrors certainly don't support HTTPS (mismatching certificate, etc.).

So we'll have to deal with that when we switch the mirrors
(hopefully soon).

regards,
 - assaf