Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Memory issues on vcs0.vs.gnu.org

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Memory issues on vcs0.vs.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 23:15:25 -0600

> The regression tests show that bzr-web is offline.  I restarted
> apache2 on vcs0 but no joy.  Unfortunately I can't look at it beyond
> this right now.  I believe a vcs0 reboot would restore all however.
> If it melts down again I would reboot the system.  I hate to do that
> too egregiously however because that will kill working processes.

This was loggerhead which was dead due to the memory stress.

I added a 'monit' check for loggerhead working, as I said I would do
some time ago and am just now getting around to it.  This will keep an
eye on loggerhead and will restart it automatically if it is needed.

check process loggerhead with pidfile /run/loggerhead.pid
  start program "/usr/sbin/service loggerhead start"
  stop program "/usr/sbin/service loggerhead stop"
  if failed port 8080 protocol http
    for 3 cycles
    then restart

Bob