Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] VCS for web pages [was: [task #14586] svn

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] VCS for web pages [was: [task #14586] svn import for gnustep-nonfsf]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 21:58:12 -0600

Ineiev wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 05:54:10PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> >
> > I don't think any web page histories are going to be large enough to
> > make the full download of the entire history to be a problem.
>
> For a group like www, they are (at the very least, the history is
> much longer than the pages themselves).

Perhaps for the web pages at least we should hint on the cvs section
of "Webpages repository" https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=... to
use "git clone --depth=1 ..." instead of a full depth clone.  That
would keep the data transfer needs reduced when not needed.  In the
future when this feature eventually becomes available.

Bob