[Savannah-hackers-public] Turning-On new data storage VMs

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Turning-On new data storage VMs
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:59:25 -0700

Savannah Hackers,

The new hardware has been getting burned-in and stress tested and
after the usual start-up problems seems to be stable enough now for
production use.  Yay!

The first candidate for this, meaning the easiest to work with, low
use, no entanglements, is the Savannah download disk storage.  That
data is all in one directory and only 54G in total.  This is NFS
mounted data storage.  I am almost ready to switch it to the new
server.  Hopefully within the next two days I will be ready to flip
the switches and start serving that data from the new hardware.
That's my plan without a specific schedule because other things are in
the perpetual very busy state right now.  But it looks good to go.
Getting this message out in front of making that change.

After that is done and working through any problems found there the
rest of the data storage will be moved one by one.  A big pool is the
audio-video storage.  That is 154G and the partition is always full.
That isn't part of Savannah but just got lumped there because there
was disk space there.  Then last is the vcs repositories.  At that
time the migration to the new hardware will finally be copmlete.

It's November now.  I expect to be completely off the old hardware
before the end of the year.  We are getting close and with the latest
new systems coming online we are very close to the finish line.

Bob