Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Frontend Overhaul

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Frontend Overhaul
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:11:49 +0100

Hi !
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:58:29 +1000
CH <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hiya Savannah Hackers!
>
> With Microsoft buying Github, it seems like it'd be the perfect time
> to redesign the web interface a bit. Anything I should keep in mind if
> attempting something roughly in that vein?

Congratulations to all of you who stayed on Savannah despite the
social pressure to move to a non-free platform.

Savannah does a great job, and I love the retro look :) It might lack
from the bells and whistles of other platforms, but is perfectly
functional.

A couple of proposals :

- Recently I suggest a "blog" section per project, or to update the news
  that allows pictures.

- We should be able to have multiple repositories for the project.
  Not just branches. In our case, we use mercurial.

- More flexibility in user rights. For example, some developers should
  be able to create tasks and/or bugs, but not necessarily be able to
  commit changes on the repositories.

Just some thoughts

Best
Luis