Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project tops

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project tops
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 14:10:08 -0600

Dale Williamson wrote:
>    This project has been on savannah.gnu.org for over 15 years and is
> used daily.
>
>    The efforts of all those supporting it are greatly appreciated.

The system is getting hit with an abuse from a collection of network
addresses.  They are consuming both bandwidth and process slots.
These are starving the system of process resources.  We are aware of
the problem and are trying to mitigate the abuse.

>    But is it time for this project to move on?

I think maybe you have confused us, the Savannah Hackers, with a
particular project?  We are certainly not planning on giving up on
Free Software anytime soon!  :-)

Bob