[Savannah-hackers-public] [task #15165] Cannot register account and reco

From: anonymous
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #15165] Cannot register account and recovery process is completely broken.
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 19:44:23 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Some time ago I attempted to create an account with the username "eschwartz"
and corresponding email address @archlinux.org -- but I did not receive the
registration email on time, and never completed the registration. I've since
found the registration email (having eventually arrived in my inbox), but the
registration process requires my password in order to continue, which I never
saved as I could not find a way to complete the registration...

I cannot try to recreate the account, since despite the assertion "Note that
accounts that are not activated within the three days next to their
registration are automatically deleted." any attempt to re-register the
account tells me that the username and email address are currently in use
(this is at a minimum 60 days later).

I cannot try to use the password recovery dialog, because *that* tells me that
the username "does not exist or has not been activated".

I cannot try to activate the account, since I don't have the password to do
so, and I cannot be sure that if I did, it would work, since the address for
that --
https://savannah.gnu.org/account/verify.php?confirm_hash=${some_unique_hash}
-- provides the account verification form no matter what correct hash or
incorrect junk I insert as a hash value, so this may or may not still be valid
in the backend at all.

This is essentially the same problem as
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?109630

Would it be possible to activate the account so that I can perform password
recovery?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15165>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/