Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Download mirror redirection is broken

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Download mirror redirection is broken
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 17:06:18 -0600

Savannah Hackers,

> Unfortunately the mirror redirection for project downloads is broken
> today.

Things are back online.  I temporarily disabled the redirection in
order to avoid the 404 errors.  Files are being served directly.
Which is okay.  It is simply a bandwidth issue.

I am not quite to root cause yet.  At one level the 404 errors are due
to the redirector script not having any mirror to redirect to.  It
thinks all of the mirrors are offline.  But doesn't check for this and
constructs an improper URL without the mirror part and the right hand
side part is simply unable to do anything and results in a 404.  The
script needs to be able to check for this error case and handle it.

And I am not sure why it thinks the mirrors are too old.  The mirmon
script is reporting good status on the mirrors.

Bob