Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New VM vcs1 to hold CVS data with working

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New VM vcs1 to hold CVS data with working file ACLs
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:50:39 -0600

Savannah Hackers,

> And this is enough for this message.  I'll continue in the next message.

Since the web pages are relatively small in size at 29GB we are going
to divide and conquer on the problem.  Setting up an additional VM
vcs1 sized for it and dedicated to all things cvs.  The files will be
local files.  Being local file ACLs will be working.  That will allow
the www team to have ACL access to update web pages as needed.

Ian has set up the new VM vcs1 for us.  I have installed and
configured the system to host the CVS files.  That is relatively
straight forward to do when we are talking about just one vcs system
from the collection.

I am going to disable cvs on vcs0, sync the data from old vcs over to
new vcs1, switch the DNS names for all things cvs over to vcs1, and
then hold my breath that everything is working moving forward.  It
should be working okay at that point.  I'll ask for expanded testing
then from the www team.  We have the rest of this week before the
datacenter move and the deadline for this.

Bob