[Savannah-hackers-public] Unreachable https and rsync mirrors

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Unreachable https and rsync mirrors
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:52:13 +0200

Hello,

Mirmon currently reports 10 unreachable URLs, 9 of which are OK.

8 have been reported off-line for 6 days:
https://www.singleboersen.com (http OK)
https://mirror.checkdomain.de (http OK)
https://www.gutscheinrausch.de (http OK)
https://ftp.wrz.de (http OK)
https://mirrors.nav.ro (http OK)
http://mirror.lihnidos.org
https://mirror.us-midwest-1.nexcess.net (http OK)
https://mirrors.syringanetworks.net (http OK)

One for 6.8 days:
rsync://mirror2.evolution-host.com::gnu

One for nearly 99 days:
rsync://mirrors.syringanetworks.net/gnu

What's strange is that I can reach all of them from France, except
http://mirror.lihnidos.org.

Several rsync mirrors (not only these 2) have been wrongly reported
off-line since January 2019, occasionally or almost constantly. But this
is the first time I see so many https URLs being unreachable for Mirmon,
while they are fine for me.

Since these https URLs are supposedly off-line, they are not taken into
account by the multiplexer. So the load on the other mirrors increases.
Right?
Is there a way to fix this?

All the best,
Thérèse