Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email address no more hidden

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email address no more hidden
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 12:56:35 -0600

Ian Kelling wrote:
> tldr: Addresses weren't fully hidden and hiding has significant
> downsides so we turned it off.

I am happy this mis-feature has been turned off.  There were so many
times when the usefulness of the email archive was broken because the
email address obfuscation broke it.  If I were thinking about it I
would do the manual < mailman AT gnu DOT org > way to say where to
write some place for help but often I would forget and then the result
in the archive would be a useless rendering.  Therefore I am happy not
to need to do that type of transliteration and usually forgetting.

Bob