Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Daniel Katz
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:41:38 -0400

Right now, wildebeest (the gnu.org server) has a collection of scripts
that grab files from Savannah and put them into the correct place on
gnu.org. According to rwp, there is one script/CVS hook running on
Savannah that pings wildebeest but I do not know for sure. I don't have
access to Savannah and somebody I asked to look through Savannah could
not find anything related to that.

I plan to modify the scripts to work with both Git and CVS and hope to
keep rewriting at a minimum. I'm documenting the current system right
now so I know what needs to be modified and what can stay the same or
even be deleted. The new system will also be deployed to the new
Wildebeest server when it's ready.

I'd love to talk with anyone who has knowledge of this system!

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of or has access to the CVS
hook/script that is on Savannah?