Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:39:02 -0600

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Daniel Katz wrote:
> > I'm currently a FSF tech intern. My next project is likely going to be
> > allowing the sub pages of gnu.org/software/ to be updated from a Git
> > repo.
>
> Could you tell more about what this will entail?  In particular, does
> this mean the files in gnu.org/software/ could be updated _only_ via
> Git, or both via Git and via CVS?  I think RMS asked at some point to
> keep the CVS access.

I'll just come right out and say that keeping cvs for those who don't
want to migrate is required.  And also that if we support git that we
should also be able to support svn and hg too.  Because it is all the
same problem.  There are many in the community that would never
migrate to git but would migrate to svn or hg.

Bob