Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Install a post-receive hook in the GNU Ema

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Install a post-receive hook in the GNU Emacs repository
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 08:44:52 +0000

(1) the hooks/post-receive-ci.heytings.org must be made executable, and

Drat!  Sorry.  Fixed now.

Thanks!

(2) given that only one oldrev/newrev/refname triplet is passed to the

I had written that first while loop some years ago for a different multiple hook case. I therefore just reached for it and grabbed it for this task.

But that doesn't mean that it can't do something different. I am distracted right now be being in an in-real-life meetup. I fixed the executable mode now because that doesn't take any thought but I am sure we can feed all of them to your CI script all at once. And actually I can imagine that you would want that because otherwise it would get multiple events in a stream. I think.

The main reason was to minimize the network load on a (IIUC) already loaded server. And I see that the git_multimail.py script also handles the multiple lines case by itself. So I would suggest something like:

#!/bin/sh
TMP=$(mktemp -u)
cat - > $TMP
cat $TMP | hooks/post-receive-git_multimail-emacs
cat $TMP | hooks/post-receive-ci.heytings.org
rm -f $TMP