Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bug->email gateway problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bug->email gateway problems
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 22:57:24 -0600

G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> Possibly related to the recent DoS-driven outage...

Possibly.  The abuse continues currently.  And it is hard to identify.
Though this seems like this problem would be an independent problem.

> The bug-groff list hasn't gotten any updates on applicable Savannah
> tickets for the groff group since sometime on 12 August.
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-groff/2022-08/index.html

That's not good.  Thanks for reporting it.

> And when I update such a ticket, as with
> <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?62901>, the page reload hangs forever.
>
> If this is happening for multiple projects, this might be related to the
> giant mail backlog that was observed.

Your date above is an important clue.  Convergent with the 12th on
that day I applied the pending Trisquel security patches which were
rather extensive in that point release and included both apache and
php and a lot more.  It's possible that these security patches broke
something.  I might try backing out the apache and/or php ones to see
if that improves things.

> (I see that bug-gnu-emacs, by contrast, seems to have been churning
> along this whole time without trouble, so the problem may be restricted
> to a subset of Savannah projects.)
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2022-08/index.html

Emacs uses the debbugs BTS which is completely separate and unrelated.

> Can this be fixed, and the queued-up ticket updates (re)processed if
> necessary?  The availability of ticket history via email archives is
> extremely valuable for groff development, since it gives me multiple
> lines of attack when searching.

Unknown until the problem is understood and fixed.  And I am hoping
that Ineiev will see this and take a look as the resident expert on
that area of things.

Bob