Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bug->email gateway problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bug->email gateway problems
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 11:35:10 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:
> G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> > The bug-groff list hasn't gotten any updates on applicable Savannah
> > tickets for the groff group since sometime on 12 August.
> >
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-groff/2022-08/index.html

> Your date above is an important clue.  Convergent with the 12th on
> that day I applied the pending Trisquel security patches which were
> rather extensive in that point release and included both apache and
> php and a lot more.  It's possible that these security patches broke
> something.  I might try backing out the apache and/or php ones to see
> if that improves things.

I have downgraded all of apache and php packages to a version prior to
the latest point release.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate the
immediately previous versions from the Trisquel archive but have
reverted to the original release versions from Triquel main which are
significantly older.  They should function though.

On the good news it has been a few minutes already and I have not seen
the bad behavior that was always immedaitely apparent previously.
Always before almost immediately there would be mail errors reported
in the apache logs.  And then apache processes would start stacking
up.  It's been 15 minutes now and I am not seeing that happening.

I'll try to test the outbound mail from the web UI and verify that it
is functioning now or not.

Bob