Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Delays in mail delivery by gnu.org mailing

From: Ian Kelling
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:13:23 -0400

Paul Smith <psmith@gnu.org> writes:

> On Sat, 2022-10-22 at 09:35 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> > Thanks, I will report any significant problems if I see them.
>>
>> I have now seen a message that was delayed by 2 hours and 50 minutes.
>> Would you like me to post it, or any parts of it that might be of
>> interest?
>
> I've sent a number of messages to bug-make@gnu.org yesterday and they
> have all appeared in the mailing list archives on lists.gnu.org, but
> none of them have appeared in my inbox (I have my account configured to
> send me copies of all my messages).
>
> Also, someone posted a new message to the list (that I see in the
> archives) at about 5pm EDT yesterday, and I have not gotten that
> message in my inbox either, 19+ hours later:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-make/2022-10/msg00181.html
>
> My email is sent through fencepost (as I understand it) and I have a
> ~/.forward file to send it along to my personal account.  I checked the
> mail spool on fencepost and it appears to be empty.

There was an error on the mail server I overlooked. It is fixed now and
mail is working its way through the queue. Sorry, I've been working on
speeding up overall mail delivery, and some of the changes have caused
unfortunate delays as I figure out how to get the settings just right.
--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF