[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah frontend2 upgrades

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah frontend2 upgrades
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 02:43:58 -0600

Savannah Hackers,

Since frontend1 is running well as the current production web UI
system.  The upgrade and switchover there means the other system
frontend2 is idle.  Time to upgrade it.  And to keep upgrading the
other system and flipping between them.

I upgraded frontend2 to the same Trisquel 10.  Both systems are now
upgraded to Trisquel 10.  With the goal of upgrading frontend2 to
Trisquel 11 immediately following.

However there is a small snag in the kernel upgrade on frontend2.
This is the same snag as I saw in the frontend1 upgrade.  It's
identical symptoms.  The upgrade installed the new Linux version 5
kernel, up from version 4, but did not upgrade the symlinks needed to
boot it.  Therefore I have not rebooted the system to the new kernel
yet.

Monday I will get in the queue with sysadmin to have help addressing
this.  With frontend1 it had the same problem and the fix wasn't
completely trouble free and needed someone with console and kvm access
to fix the configuration and ensured it would boot.

Bob