Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah frontend2 upgrades

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah frontend2 upgrades
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 17:32:09 +0000

Hi, Bob;

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 10:55:48PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Ineiev wrote:
> > I'm afraid, the code isn't quite ready yet for PHP 8.1: the notices
> > need fixing, and captchas don't work.
>
> What's the status of this?  Any updates?

IIRC I pushed a few fixes for migration to PHP 8.1, but more checks
are still needed; https://frontend2.savannah.gnu.org/testconfig.php
suggests that cgitrepos aren't updated, and captchas don't work
(on the other hand, frontend2.sv.gnu.org uses the Savane instance
from ~i18n and has separate settings for captchas).

I'm reluctant to push further fixes while the fundraiser is on
in order not to break it (my gut feeling says it will be down
after Jan, 20).