[Savannah-hackers] troubles with cvs/ssh shared key?

From: David O'Toole
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] troubles with cvs/ssh shared key?
Date: 06 Mar 2001 01:42:51 -0500

Hello; I recently went through the steps involved to begin updating the
webpage for the package I maintain (gnu octal) through CVS. The creation
of my Savannah account and the project for Octal went smoothly.

I'm having trouble with the last step: SSH access to the webpage CVS
repository. I sent my public key through the web-form at savannah, but
even the next day it seems to have had no effect. When I attempt to
check out the webpage according to the instructions given by Savannah,
it just asks me for my login password for subversions (I never had a
subversions account that I'm aware of, so I don't have a password to
give it.) If I understand this correctly, the point of using the CVS/SSH
shared keys was so that I wouldn't have to enter the password, so
perhaps I am doing something wrong?

If at some point I had an account at subversions set up for me without
my ever using it, that might explain the problem (the savannah page says
that my keys will be ignored if I already have a login account on
subversions.)

Thanks very much, in advance :-)

--

@@@ david o'toole