Re: address@hidden: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hac

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU and FSF Organizational Files]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:47:05 -0500

   Maybe we could start uploading things to CVS as we reorganize them.

Sure.  I'd suggest that we perhaps create some CVS modules for
different sections of gnuorg, and put files into those sections as we
recognize where they go.

     1) Create one general module on CVS called `gnuorg'

I think we might be best off making several seprate modules; that way,
if we want to control permissions strictly, we can do so more easily.
The set of people who writes to standards is different than the set of
peolpe who write to the volunteers-related files, which is different
than the set of people who write to the sysadmin files.  (there may be
some intersection, but it ought to be minimal.)

We also should have a ``gnuorg-archive'' module, for various bits of
cruft that became largely irrelavant a while ago, that we still ought
to keep around.

Perhaps the best way to think of this is that we can create modules to
move files from gnuorg into, and we can incrementally move files into
that as we get around to it.  (Which I think is a restatement of what
you were suggesting.)